Men in Sheds Current and Planned Activities
Due to limited space we generally involve ourselves in smaller projects.
- Metal machining and manufacturing of small metal projects.
- Model making, our members make working boats and aircraft and a wide range of smaller models.
- Repairs of various pieces for people in the community.
- Wood-carving and scroll saw work.
- Various woodworking projects including bird-boxes, seats, stools, toys and much more.
- Visits to various places of interest on the island.
Very importantly we have an area to sit and talk, drink coffee and tea, read or relax in convivial company. We believe that this is one of the more important features of the organisation.
Planned activities in the new shed, kitchen and model room
- Joinery and carpentry
- Much bigger and more professional projects in timber
- Cookery lessons and sessions
- Model making in a space where work in progress can be safely left and where bigger models can be made
- Model train room
- Latent skills
Our members have many skills to can be drawn upon, examples are:
Electronics, radio controls, aircraft, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, tool making, joinery, wood turning, carving, photography and much more.
We have yet to explore this potential!!